Job Title: Project Engineer
Our client launched in 2007, the company are an internationally recognised company. They are a company of musicians who we are truly passionate about what they do and understand the importance of great tone - whether practising at home or on stage in a live environment.
The company are based in Northampton, England with over 50 years of combined experience in guitar amplification design and production. They are totally committed to providing people with the ultimate tools for self-expression.
Due to continued business growth, they are looking to appoint an experienced Project Engineer to join our established team on a full-time permanent basis. This is an important position within the R and D team and you will be key in driving the development of new audio products from initial design, through to production and post-production maintenance.
Hours are Monday to Friday 08.00-17.00pm.
The overall purpose of the job:
- Electronics design and project coordination activities within R and D. A lead role in driving the development of assigned new products from concept through to production and post-production maintenance.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- The input and modification of electronics schematics, with guidance from the Chief Engineer.
- The input and modification of PCB artworks using CAD, with guidance from the Chief Engineer.
- Building and testing of prototypes.
- Sourcing components for prototype production and testing.
- Writing and performing new product tests and recording/presenting results.
- Managing the approvals of products to international standards.
- Creation and maintenance of parts lists and associated documentation on assigned projects.
- Setting up and managing product listening tests.
- Speaker test set-ups.
- Input into product specifications including brainstorming new product ideas.
- The creation and upkeep of project plans and timescales.
- Coordinating activities between the UK and China design resources on given projects.
- Updating the R&D manager daily and providing written reports.
- Occasional travel to OEMs in the Far East if required.
The ideally sought candidate will possess the following:
- Degree qualified in electronics or similar engineering subject.
- 1-2 years’ experience of electronic and/or mechanical design in a consumer audio or electronics environment.
- A demonstrable aptitude for electronics. Will have been interested in guitar amps, consumer electronics and circuitry, or mechanical construction/design as a hobby or in a previous role Knowledge of CAD PCB design.
- Used to working to tight deadlines Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills Bass/guitar player High level of attention to detail Highly organised Independent and self-reliant A flexible approach to work.
The below skills would be beneficial, however not essential.
- Some experience of design in a fast-moving engineering environment.
- Some experience of high voltage valve equipment.
- Some experience in fault testing and diagnosis.
- A passion for the music industry Strong team and work ethics.
- Personable and outgoing nature.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, conscientious, committed and dependable A ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A structured engineering approach Very methodical and diligent record keeper.
- Team player.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise appropriately.
- The company is a very unique environment; we are all musicians and the dress code is very relaxed.
- Our teams are experts in their field and we are incredibly passionate about our products and the industry as a whole.
- Most of our staff have worked in the industry for a long time and we are looking for candidates who wish to grow with the company and share in our current and future success.
- Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, with a willingness to work extra hours as and when required to achieve project deliverables to schedule.
- Flexible approach to working hours/ environment where possible, according to business needs.
Please call Amanda at the Wellingborough office to discuss the role on 01933 227189.
Fox Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Data Protection Notice
Fox Resourcing and Recruitment will use the information given on your application for recruitment and selection, human resource management and for employment and business purposes in respect of successful candidates. The information you give us will be kept confidential and your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent except where necessary to confirm factual information provided by you, to provide services in respect of your employment (such as payroll services) and in compiling anonymous statistical data required to be submitted to Government agencies. Fox Resourcing & Recruitment usesprocedures and technologies to maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction.You have a statutory right to request details of your personal data which Fox Resourcing & Recruitment holds and we will correct and update the same from time to time as notified by you.
By submitting my application I agree to the use of my information as outlined in the above statement. I confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information I have provided is correct and true. I realise that if it is found that I have deliberately given false or misleading information I may be disqualified from further consideration or, if appointed, may be summarily dismissed.