Job Title: Graduate Design Technician
Our client is currently looking to appoint a Graduate Design Technician on a permanent basis for a local company based in Northampton.
Hours are Monday to Friday 08.00-17.00pm.
You will be reporting to the R and D Manager.
The overall purpose of the job: The support of electronics design and project activities with R and D
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Assisting in day-to-day R&D new product development activities.
- General duties within the department, such as keeping laboratories and sound-room tidy and well-stocked.
- Setting up and performing sound tests and competitor evaluations.
- Assisting in the building and testing of prototypes.
- Sourcing components for prototype production and testing.
- Writing and performing new product test procedures and recording/presenting results.
- The modification of electronics schematics, with guidance from the Design Engineers.
- The modification of PCB artworks using CAD, with guidance from the Design Engineers.
- Creation and maintenance of parts lists and associated documentation on assigned projects.
- The maintenance and filing of approvals documentation.
- The creation and upkeep of project plans and timescales.
- Coordinating activities between the UK and China design resources on given projects.
- Updating the R&D manager daily and provide written reports.
- Occasional travel to OEMs in the Far East if required.
- 1-2 years’ experience of electronic and/or mechanical design in a consumer audio or electronics environment.
- Degree in electronics or associated engineering subject.
- Training / Technical Skills.
- Some experience of design in a fast-moving engineering environment. Some experience of high voltage valve equipment.
- Some experience in fault testing and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of CAD PCB design.
- A demonstrable aptitude for electronics. Will have been interested in guitar amps, consumer electronics and circuitry, or mechanical construction/design as a hobby or in a previous role.
Experience / Knowledge
- Used to working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Bass/guitar player.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Independent and self-reliant.
- A flexible approach to work.
Personality / Characteristics
- Passion for the music industry.
- A structured engineering approach.
Please call Amanda at the Wellingborough office to discuss the role on 01933 227189.
Fox Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Data Protection Notice
Fox Resourcing and Recruitment will use the information given on your application for recruitment and selection, human resource management and for employment and business purposes in respect of successful candidates. The information you give us will be kept confidential and your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent except where necessary to confirm factual information provided by you, to provide services in respect of your employment (such as payroll services) and in compiling anonymous statistical data required to be submitted to Government agencies. Fox Resourcing & Recruitment usesprocedures and technologies to maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction.You have a statutory right to request details of your personal data which Fox Resourcing & Recruitment holds and we will correct and update the same from time to time as notified by you.
By submitting my application I agree to the use of my information as outlined in the above statement. I confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information I have provided is correct and true. I realise that if it is found that I have deliberately given false or misleading information I may be disqualified from further consideration or, if appointed, may be summarily dismissed.