Our client, based in Corby Northants, is looking for an enthusiastic, organised individual to join their busy transport team as a Transport Clerk / Administrator
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in one of the UK's leading packaging specialist.
Hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
8 hours per day (30 mins for lunch)
Pay - £9.75 per hour
Salary £18 to £20K once full time
This is a Temp to Perm position working with Fox R&R for a min of 14 weeks.
Ideally you will have worked in this kind of role before – or currently working in this role and looking for a change or to progress within a business.
Our client has lots of plans to expand and grow, so it’s a perfect opportunity for someone looking to grow within a business and develop themselves as a person.
- To ensure that the despatching/loading module is kept up to date in accordance with the site processes
- Monitor the return of empty equipment from deliveries
- Directing drivers to the correct locations on arrival at site as required
- Complete customer KPI’s where required
- Liaise with drivers on route/on delivery where required
- Accurate data management & input
- Organising drivers on their allocated work and requirements. Clarify if communication is an issue
- Debrief drivers checking and recording hours worked and POA for legal compliance and accuracy
- Accurately handling driver debrief paperwork and checking for compliance and clauses
- Liaise with customers to confirm they’re completely updated and kept informed.
- Confirm driver start times accurately – Manage their hours for payroll
- Professional and timely communications both internally and externally
- Legal responsibilities regarding personal safety and that of others
- Reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses
- Support the operation through peaks and with holiday cover by working reasonable overtime shifts – being flexible
- Assisting with performance data interrogation and queries as required
- Assisting with the duties of the Operations Shift Supervisor as required
You will need:
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of flexibility, commitment and motivation
- Able to use own initiative
- Team Orientated
- Excellent IT skills, good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
You must have the right attitude and not be scared of hard work.
Please send me an up to date CV with covering letter explaining your current situation – My client is looking for someone who is available straight away. Apply