Goods In / Stock Control Operative
Our client urgently requires a Goods In Operative / Stock Controller for a local electronics company in Northampton.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
The role of Goods In Operative & Stock Controller is to deliver an effective and efficient warehousing operation and to ensure stock takes are delivered to meet business requirements.
To be responsible for the receipt of, issuing of, and live movements of raw materials and packaging across intake, warehouse, and production areas.
Ensure that all areas of Goods In and Stores comply with the company Health, Safety and Welfare policies.
- To ensure that raw material and packaging stock counts and receipt data (booking in of deliveries) are 100% current on ERP and other relevant systems at all times.
- To ensure that physical receipts are made quickly without damaging goods so that stock is available to satisfy production requirements.
- Intake – delivery compliance – paperwork, product, volume, and quality.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles and equipment.
- To carry out stock counting of packaging and raw materials on a regular basis in order to meet business needs – based on the agreed stock count rota and any ad hoc requests from the Team Leader and the Supply Chain Manager.
- Where applicable stock should be issued in date life order (FIFO – first in first out).
- Any stock returned from production to the stores should be managed accordingly, with consideration to date life rules and to be stored in correct rotation.
- Rejected and obsolete stock is to be quarantined timely and marked up accordingly.
- Waste management – to make sure that all damaged stock is counted, stored, and reported to enable appropriate management.
- To ensure that all stores are kept clean and organised. Adopting ‘clean as you go’ principles.
- Ensure that storage space is utilised effectively.
- To provide cover for team members/Team Leader during periods of absence/holiday.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and housekeeping and be responsible for presentation of the department to customer visits/technical audits.
- To adopt a safety first attitude and approach to way of working
- Minimise waste (time/labour/physical).
- Zero stock outages and ‘lost stock’.
- Move stocks to be current at all times, for all materials and packaging.
Company Policy and Legislation
- Fully adhere to all department and process SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
- Ensure 100% compliance with the Company Handbook
- Fully support and drive through continuous improvement on health and safety.
- Encourage effective communication and cross- functional working to deliver an efficient operation. This includes a regular interface with Supply Chain, Process, Technical, NPD and Commercial teams.
Generic Management Responsibilities
- Maintain high standards of discipline involving appropriate procedure where necessary.
Experience & Capabilities:
- 2-3 years experience in a Stock Controller role.
- Goods in/out operative experience.
- An understanding of ERP or Warehouse Management solutions would be an advantage.
- Data inputting experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrate positive and committed attitude in the workplace.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- IT Literate – Excel and Word
- FLT experience but not essential
If you meet all requirements don't hesitate and apply online or send us your up to date CV to email@example.com
Data Protection Notice
Fox Resourcing and Recruitment will use the information given on your application for recruitment and selection, human resource management and for employment and business purposes in respect of successful candidates. The information you give us will be kept confidential and your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent except where necessary to confirm factual information provided by you, to provide services in respect of your employment (such as payroll services) and in compiling anonymous statistical data required to be submitted to Government agencies. Fox Resourcing & Recruitment uses procedures and technologies to maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. You have a statutory right to request details of your personal data which Fox Resourcing & Recruitment holds and we will correct and update the same from time to time as notified by you.
By submitting my application I agree to the use of my information as outlined in the above statement. I confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information I have provided is correct and true. I realise that if it is found that I have deliberately given false or misleading information I may be disqualified from further consideration or, if appointed, may be summarily dismissed. Apply